Hashgard is a new project that provides a blockchain platform and protocol for managing digital assets.
- Token: GARD (ERC20)
- Circulating Supply: TBD
- ICO Price: There will not be an ICO
- Total Supply: 100,000,000,000
What’s to like about the project:
- Hashgard has an ambitious vision to become the global platform for digital asset management.
- The team has significant experience in this space.
- Hashgard has an all-star advisory team.
- The target market is measured in trillions of dollars.
What are the benefits to Hashgard?
Hashgard’s digital asset management protocol and blockchain includes the following benefits:
- A platform with the tools and services to launch an investment fund
- Professional asset management software
- Transparent investment management with self governing structures
- Access to cryptocurrencies across multiple public chains
- A custody service for storing cryptocurrencies and other assets
- Buying, selling, and trading directly within a portfolio
- Arbitration to resolve disputes
Why is this needed?
The growth in cryptocurrencies has been dramatic, yet it may pale in comparison to the next major innovation — tokenization.
Through blockchain, traditional assets such as stocks, bonds, commodities, and real estate can now be represented as exchangeable digital security tokens on a blockchain.
This opens up the possibility that most if not all assets may become digital one day.
Imagine a digital portfolio that includes not only cryptocurrency, but fractional ownership of a famous work of art, rights to future revenue from a pop-star’s next release, and the digital deed to a vacation home in the Bahamas.
The possibilities in this brave new world of asset allocation are endless.
What is Hashgard?
Hashgard is the first project initiated and managed by Fenbushi Capital, China’s premier blockchain vc, ranked as one of the top most active in the world (CBInsights).
The ties to Fenbushi run deep: Founder Charlie Xu is Managing Director of Fenbushi Capital, and co-founder Tom Huang is a Senior Analyst at the firm.
Charlie Xu is also the managing partner at BKFUND, and has tackled most of the challenges in dealing with digital assets that many financial firms are currently facing, and is in a unique position to lead Hashgard to success in the realm of digital assets
Xu demonstrated his grasp on these issues by writing an open-source book containing the standard operating procedures for managing digital assets. The book gives fund managers help with everything from classifying digital assets to multi-person key management processes.
With Hashgard, Xu is leveraging his wealth of experience to help build a blockchain solution designed to meet the real world demands of the financial community.
Who’s on the Hashgard team?
Charlie Xu, Founder — Xu is a rising young star in the blockchain finance and investment world. He has been the Strategic Managing Director of Fenbushi Capital and a Managing Partner of BKFund prior to founding Hashgard. He has worked with a number of large high-tech companies and was selected as “National Outstanding Innovation and Entrepreneurship Mentor” by the Ministry of Education.
Tom Huang, Co-founder, COO — Huang was a Senior Analyst at Fenbushi Capital and also a cofounder of BKFund. Huang graduated from the University of Macau in Finance.
Frank Yang, Technical Director — Yang previously worked at ZTE where he managed multiple software teams and was a corporate leader in agile software development methodology.
The full Hashgard team includes 12 members with a variety of skillsets including software development, finance, and business development.
Who are Hashgard’s Advisors?
Hashgard has an impressive list of advisors including two of the most influential individuals in the blockchain space.
Bo Shen — One of the most respected and well-known figures in blockchain investing, Shen founded Fenbushi Capital in 2015 as one of the first venture capital investors focusing exclusively on blockchain. He is also the founder of Bitshares. Shen is expert in traditional finance and has decades of extensive investment experience in securities, hedge funds and investment banking.
Sunny Lu — Lu is the Co-founder and CEO of VeChain. He graduated from Shanghai Jiao Tong University with a major in Electronics and Communication Engineering. He has been served as IT Executive in Fortune 500 companies over 13 years and is a former CIO of LV China.
Other advisors include:
- Shuo Bai — Former Chief Engineer of Shanghai Stock Exchange,
- James Gong — Founder of CYBEX & ChainB
- David Lee — Professor at Singapore University of Social Sciences Partner of Blockasset Ventures
- Haifeng Xi — Former WanCloud CTO Co-founder of IRIS
- Min Zhang — Managing Partner of Heli Investment
- Eva Foo — Founder of Scry.info
- Cindy Deng — Director of Corporate Finance Department and Associate Professor in Finance at Shanghai University
Who are Hashgard’s Potential Clients?
One of the most promising aspects of Hashgard is the fact that 50 investment funds have invested in the company.
As these investment funds are likely struggling with the same infrastructure and management issues surrounding digital assets, and considering their investment relationship with Hashgard, they are very likely to provide an instant ecosystem and be the first clients when the platform goes live.
Some of the Hashgard investors include:
Gobi Partners, Bibox, Node Capital, Alphabit Fund, Frees Fund, Transference Fund, Fang Fund Partners, Linkvc, LD Capital, IMO Ventures, PreAngel, 8Decimal Capital, Stars Capital, Milestone Capital, Next Blockchain Capital, Blockwater Capital, Bitrise Capital, Hello Capital, Code Link, Vulpe Capital, Spark Capital, CHI Capital, Scry.Info Foundation, IRIS Foundation, Delphy Foundation, MDS Foundation, Primas Foundation, Genesis Capital, and W Fund.
What is Hashgard’s solution?
Hashgard is developing both a protocol and high-performance public blockchain to serve as a “one stop” solution for digital asset management.
Hashgard envisions a vibrant financial ecosystem built upon the Hashgard public chain and interoperability with other public blockchains.
The inclusion of Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO) functionality will allow any individual or organizations to form investment funds. Hashgard will also offer a decentralized arbitration service to resolve conflicts as they arise.
The front-end to the Hashgard ecosystem will be the asset management application that runs as Software as a Service (SaaS). Fund managers and investors will use the application for building portfolios, managing risk, advising clients, forecasting, and other functions that are fairly standard with existing financial services.
The Hashgard ecosystem will be built across multiple layers:
- Cross-chain communication occurs on the network layer.
- A consensus layer for the Hashgard chain will rely on Delegated Proof-of-Stake (DPoS).
- The interface layer is accessible through an API and is where smart contracts tailored for asset management are managed.
- The application acts as the front end to the ecosystem and includes the Hashgard asset management Software as a Service (SaaS) application.
How far along is Hashgard development?
Hashgard has already released a beta version of their management software and developed the core algorithm for digital asset management.
Their testnet is expected to be released by the end of this year with a mainnet launch in 2019.
What is the token utility?
Tokens are an essential utility that power the economics of the Hashgard ecosystem. The token is also used as gas to pay for transactions and serves as a reward to consensus nodes and for DApp developers and content creators.
Why I think this project will do well
- There is a significant market need for digital asset management platform targeted to the investment and finance community.
- Founder Charlie Xu is a seasoned expert with experiences that will help him guide Hashgard to its goals.
- Bo Shen and Sunny Lu as advisors will give Hashgard opportunities and connections not available to other companies.
- Fifty investment funds have invested in Hashgard and will likely be the first customers upon launch.